CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 1 : What, Where, How and When? NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 1 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class VI Geography Chapter 8 : India – Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
• How archaeologist determine time-period of any finding?
Manuscripts are written by hand which were usually written on palm leaf, or on the specially prepared bark of a tree while inscriptions were engraved either on hard surfaces such as stone and metal.
3. Return to Rasheeda’s question. Can you think of some answers to it?
Rasheeda’s question is, “How could anyone know what had happened so many years ago?” We can know what had happened so many years ago by reading books which were based upon findings by historians and archeologists through past remains such as manuscripts, inscriptions, tools, weapons, etc.
The ordinary men and women did not generally keep records of what they did because they weren’t doing any notable works. They are living their ordinary life also they didn’t know about reading and writing.
6. Describe at least two ways in which you think the lives of kings would have been different from those of farmers.
Two ways in which the lives of kings are different from farmers:
• Farmers had to work in their field while king’s duty was to protect his citizen.
• Kings fought battles and kept records of their victories while farmers led their ordinary life and they didn’t keep any record.
7. Find the word crafts persons on page 1. List at least five different crafts that you know about today. Are the crafts persons — (a) men (b) women (c) both men and women?
Weaving, Carpentry, Dyeing, Pottery-making, Carpet-making are five crafts that exist today. In today’s world, both men and women are crafts persons.
8. What were the subjects on which books were written in the past? Which of these would you like to read?
The books which are in the past dealt with all kinds of subjects such as religious beliefs and practices, the lives of kings, medicine and science. Also, epics, poems, plays were written. I would like to read (name of your book).