CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 7 : New Questions And Ideas. NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 7 Solutions
NCERT Solutions for Class VI History Chapter 7 : New Questions And Ideas
Page No: 73
1. Describe the ways in which the Buddha tried to spread his message to the people.
Buddha tried to spread his message to the people by teaching in the ordinary language, Prakrit so that everybody could understand it. He travelled on foot, going from one place to another, teaching people. Also, he encouraged people to think for themselves rather than to simply accept what he said.
2. Write whether true or false:
(a) The Buddha encouraged animal sacrifices.
(b) Sarnath is important because it was the place where the Buddha taught for the first time.
(c) The Buddha taught that karma has no effect on our lives.
(d) The Buddha attained enlightenment at Bodh Gaya.
(e) Upanishadic thinkers believed that the atman and brahman were ultimately one.
Page No: 74
3. What were the questions that Upanishadic thinkers wanted to answer?
The questions that Upanishadic thinkers wanted answers to were about life after death, reasons for sacrifices. Many of these thinkers felt that there was something permanent in the universe that would last even after death.
4. What were the main teachings of the Mahavira?
The main teachings of the Mahavira were:
• Men and women who wished to know the truth must leave their homes.
• They must follow very strictly the rules of ahimsa, which means not hurting or killing living beings.
• They had to lead simple lives, beg for food, be absolutely honest and had to observe celibacy.
5. Why do you think Anagha’s mother wanted her to know the story of the Buddha?
Anagha’s mother wanted her to know the story of the Buddha because she was going on a school trip to Varanasi. Sarnath near Varanasi is closely connected to the life of Buddha as Buddha taught the people for the first time in Sarnath. wanted her to know the story of Buddha the founder of Buddhism and the greatest teacher of ancient times.
6. Do you think it would have been easy for slaves to join the sangha? Give reasons for your answer.
It would not have been easy for slaves to join the sangha because they needed their master’s permission to do so. Also, the masters’ wouldn’t have given them the permission easily.